image1 image2 image3

WELCOME TO MYRTLE AND THYME|A HUMBLE COOKING BLOG|FOOD INSPIRED BY TASMANIA

Baked Camembert #TASMANIAWEEK


Sometimes things don't have to be complicated and fiddly to be impressive. I often find that despite my best efforts to convince myself otherwise the simplest things truly do give the most pleasure. A hug from a loved one, reading a good book in the warm sunlight, simple and humble food that is shared with the people you love.

This is the sort of ethos that I am endeavoring to create within this blog and the community of people that are reading it. Simple and humble food. This latest recipe displays this idea beautifully. Few ingredients, simple steps, delicious food. I thought I liked camembert before I tried this baked one, boy was I misled! This oozy delectable cheese shines in this dish, it's not just stuck on a board with little love, but carefully encouraged to release its full range of flavour. 


Of course I am using a Tasmanian product and for this recipe it had to be the cheese, this particular wheel is from Wicked Cheese Co. an excellent company based in Richmond. 


Baked Camembert
1 wheel of Wicked Cheese Co. Richmond Range camembert
Small handful of thyme
Lemon zest, I used a vegetable peeler to get 2 thick strips
Small drizzle olive oil
Crackers or crusty bread to serve

Preheat the oven to 180oC.

Make 5 small incisions in the top of the cheese rind, then insert a small sprig of  thyme in to each one. Place onto a square of baking paper then drizzle with oil, top with lemon and add any leftover thyme. Wrap the cheese up well in the baking paper, to secure it. I then wrapped a sheet of aluminium foil around the baking paper.

Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until delightfully oozy on the inside.


Serve immediately with crackers or bread.


If you try this let me know! I’d love to hear your ideas and suggestions.

Much love M&T



Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from anyone who would like to share their thoughts and ideas with me, and I promise to read each one!
Thank you for taking the time to stop by and share!

M&T xx